2 Corinthians 12:9

My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. 2 Corinthians 12:9

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Trent's Birthday!

Well, today is the big day. Trent will make his way into the world. I have mixed emotions...excited to finally meet him face to face...anxious to see how it all goes...worried just a little about how he will accept being outside the womb and functioning on his own...Thankful that the Lord has allowed us the journey thus far with our little man. However, through all the emotion there is a peace. A real peace that no matter what happens today or in the coming few days that we have bathed Baby Trent in prayer and that he's in the hands of The Almighty Master. And though we may still not understand why He chose us for this or allowed this to happen that He is still and will still be high and lifted up.



Wayne and I woke up this morning to spend time with Braxton and take him to school. He is so excited. I hope he doesn't get in trouble at school for being so rowdy. He came into the bedroom after his shower this morning and hugged my belly and gave Trent his last kiss from that point of view. I told him that he would get to meet his little brother today. He just grinned his little loving grin that he gives me in the mornings.

The folks at the hospital told me not to eat after 8:30am so after dropping B-Man off, Wayne and I made our way out for some breakfast and to pick up a few last minute items to pack. Now, we are just resting at home until time to go in to the hospital.

Thank you all for calls, prayers, thoughts, gifts, visits, ears to listen, and all other things I'm forgetting to mention thus far. We truly are blessed to have such great friends, family, co-workers, and even strangers surrounding us and lifting up Baby Trent and our family. Please know that we really, really appreciate you all.

Holly and Wayne

12 comments:

One Proud Aunt said...

Auntie Amy is super excited today! I can't wait to hold, kiss, and hug Baby Trent. I love him so much! Please know that we are and will continue to pray for all of you. Eric and I are here right beside you guys. We will do whatever we need to do. You both are amazing parents. I know Our God has His hands over you and Baby Trent. Happy Birthday Baby Trent!

Sheila said...

Hey Sis,
I am so exited. I've made my way around the whole office this morning telling everyone Baby Trent will be here this afternoon. I bet Brax-man is excited. He will be such a good big brother. I love you guys so much and will be praying for you all.
Father God, I lift up Holly, Wayne, Braxton, and Trent to you on this glorious day. I know you've had your loving arms around them through this all and will continue to wrap them up in your love. You are an almighty, all powerful and loving Father and I know you have and will continue to be glorified by precious Baby Trent. Thank you Father for your love, thank you for your son, and thank you for taking care of all of our needs. Thank you for giving us strength on this day and a peace to know that you Father are a loving Father and You are in control and have Baby Trent in your loving arms. Amen

Unknown said...

we are praying for you all and baby trent.we are are very proud and welcome baby trent. you all have done a great job.love mom and dad

Unknown said...

we are praying for you all. we are proud to be your mom and dad.it is in god hand and he alway take of us.happy brithday baby trent we love you very much.grandmom and granddaddy.

Kristin Noonan said...

I just read some posts on your blog after seeing the link on Meliisa Neal's Facebook. Melissa and I were best friends in junior high which is how I met Wayne. Wayne and I played church softball together as teens. My heart aches for you, but yet I was so blessed by your post as you are obviously resting fully in God's grace and mercy. I will be lifting you up in prayer and following along on your blog to see the miraculous things the Lord will do in and through you.

Kristin Hershberger Noonan

Anonymous said...

Holly & Wayne - we are all praying that Baby Trent arrives healthy and strong. You will all continue to be in our prayers! -Ben Stuck

Sharon Lewis said...

Wayne and Holly,

Keep looking up - that's where miracles come from.That is what I will be doing for you and Wayne and Trent. You all will be in my thoughts and prayers.

May angels watch over you...... and Trent and fill your days with happiness.

Love you Sharon Lewis

Anonymous said...

Praying for you all today! Praying y'all get the miracle we've been praying for. Everything that touches our lives have been sifted through the hands of our Father and I know he is in control. Praying for the days and months ahead!

Anonymous said...

Good Luck we have all been a buzz here today talking about you at the YEC!!!!

Melissa Chapman said...

Thinking and praying for you and Trent!
Heart Hugs from another HLHS family,
Melissa Chapman

Anonymous said...

I can't stop thinking about you. I thought about you last night, I thought about you this morning. I thought about you when I walked past your window and you were not there, I thought of you at lunch, I thought of you when I walked past your window at 5. I'm thinking about you now. You are amazing! Praying for the best Holly.

Unknown said...

Congratulations on the special delivery. Our thoughts and prayers are with each and every one of you.