2 Corinthians 12:9

My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. 2 Corinthians 12:9

Friday, March 25, 2011

Good Day



Well, Trent is progressing as expected.  We have seen him a couple times today.  We talked to the surgeon and he said things look good.
He said it would be Monday or Tuesday before they close up his chest cavity due to the swelling which is not uncommon.  All his vitals are good.  His hemoglobin dropped earlier today a little so they had to give him some more blood but other than that there have been no complications.

It is extremely tough to see him the way he is.  No matter how much you try to prepare yourself it almost never seems to be enough.  His physical appearance is not good although I assume noone's is after having major heart surgery.  Thankfully his physical appearance is not a sign of how he is doing and how he is progressing.

We continue to put our faith and trust in our Lord and Savior.  The many prayers put up by all of you has truly made a difference.  Please continue to lift Trent up to The Father in heaven.  We are overwhelmed by all the support you have given us.  Thank you, thank you, thank you.

"so do not fear, for I am with you;
do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."
Isaiah 41:10

6 comments:

Leslie landeros said...

That is great news! I am keeping all of you in my prayers and close to my heart during this trying time. I am thankful to God that Trent's surgery and birth went as expected. I pray that God give you strength and send the great comforter to you in your dark hours. May God wash Trent with his healing waters. Congratulations on your beautiful baby boy:)

Hayley said...

So glad that Trent has had a good day! I am sure it is hard to see him like this but one day soon these days will be a distant memory when he is all smiles!! Love you guys and let us know if there is anything that we can do!

Sonia said...

2 Thessalonians 3:16

Now may the Lord of peace himself give you peace at all times and in every way. The Lord be with all of you.

Samantha said...

Jeffery was watching the slide show and said "Braxton has a shirt that says "Big Brother" just like me" :). We are so happy for you guys. God is in control, yesterday, today and tomorrow! Rest in HIS peace and in HIS arms. Praying daily! Love you guys!

Anonymous said...

Braxton,
I am praying for your baby brother and for you.Can't wait until you come home to play. Your friend, Jacob

Anonymous said...

Holly and Wayne I am praying for yall Baby Trent is so Precious God Bless you yall love you both