2 Corinthians 12:9

My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. 2 Corinthians 12:9

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Hello World


Our awesome new baby boy, Trent finally arrived at 6:23 last night.  He weighed an even 8 lbs and is 20" long.  He came out screaming.  His color is perfect and he has some hair that is a little red.  He is extremely handsome.


The doctors have already performed the echo last night and confirmed that Trent does have HLHS.  Considering that, the doctors say Trent is doing exceptionally well.  His oxygen levels are a bit high which is ok at this time.  He is breathing on his own so no breathing tube.  Most babies with HLHS are born with a blue tint but Trent's color is perfect.  The doctors say Trent is doing so well that they are going to try feeding him through a bottle today.  They still have to check his brain, liver and kidneys so more tests are coming some even today.

Thanks to everyone so much for your thoughts, prayers and support.  We do feel and know we are being lifted up.  We are off to a good start so keep the prayers coming.  Enjoy the pictures.  Hopefully we can post more later.

Wayne and Holly

John 14:27
"Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you, not as the world gives to you.  Let not your heart be troubled, neither, let it be afraid."





















8 comments:

Amy Comerford said...

Welcome Baby Trent. You are one cutie pie. You look so good sweet angel!! I'm so very proud of you guys! You are two amazing parents. I remember seeing Braxton's huge smile last night. He is one happy and proud big brother. I love you guys!!

Hayley said...

So glad to hear that Trent is doing well! You did a great job, Mama!!!

Carol Ivey said...

Wayne, So glad to here that your beautiful baby boy is doing so great!! May you and your family continue to be blessed!!!!

Jenn said...

A friend sent me your blog link, and I want you to know I am praying for your boy. My daughter, Charlotte, was born in 2008 with HLHS. She will be having her final surgery in a few weeks. I know it was always nice for me to see kids a little further down the road so feel free to check her out if and when you have a chance.

I know that today and the days to come will be a whirlwind of emotions, but know that God will carry you through. I am praying for an extra measure of faith and peace as you make your way along this journey.
And congratulations on your baby boy!

http://tousey.wordpress.com/charlotte/

Christy Honeycutt said...

Wayne & Holly...Trent is absolutely adorable!!! Your family is in my prayers.

carrie said...

Wayne and Holly,
WOW! What a miracle already. I am just in awe of our Amazing God and the Great Physician. Cogratulations! I will continue to pray for you! What a Mighty God we serve!!

Unknown said...

Congratulations on your beautiful baby boy! Praying for you all! Love you!

Unknown said...

Congratulations! Beautiful baby boy! You all are in my prayers! Much Love!