2 Corinthians 12:9

My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. 2 Corinthians 12:9

Monday, March 14, 2011

Only 8 Days!

Mama is ready for Baby Trent!!

In eight days (or less) Baby Trent will arrive. After last week's doctor's appointment we found out that Trent could possibly come before March 22. It is sort of bittersweet because I know that Trent is safe where he is...and once he arrives his heart issues will begin. However, I am so ready to meet him and kiss him and love him. The doctors are assuring me that if I go into labor now that Trent will be big enough and strong enough for surgery. It is my prayer that God will bring him when he's ready.


Today was an emotional day. I heard a couple of songs this morning that really hit home about our situation. "That's what faith can do" by Kutless and "Before the morning" by Joshua Wilson are especially dear to me and hearing both before 10am today...paired with the thought that Trent will be here in just over a week, gave me a lump in my throat for a while this morning. My pregnancy has gone pretty smoothly. The showers have been great and folks have been so giving and caring and loving and understanding. Now, the reality of the hard times is starting to set in. We know that there is tremendous support from all of our friends and family and even people we do not even know...but the hard times I'm referring to are the times when we have to look at our son with multiple tubes coming from and going to his body to help keep him alive. The times when he's going to be in pain...the times when we cannot hold him for weeks at a time. What keeps me going is just knowing that God is still in control and he will use this for good. The thought that runs through my head daily is this...no matter how sick Trent gets or how tough this is on Wayne and me that God will be there and He is bigger than any of this that we're going through and there is more than just this life.

Holly

6 comments:

Hayley said...

Love you, Holly!!! We are praying for you and Baby Trent every day!! We can't wait for the New Kid On The Block to be at home where he belongs!!

Amy said...

You are so beautiful Holly!! I love you Baby Trent!! I am praying for you all.

Brittany said...

Strong faith in God & remembering that with HIM anything is possible can bring you all through this! You are all in my prayers every day. Baby Trent couldn't be more lucky to have such a wonderful family!! I love you all!

Unknown said...

Holly our family will be praying for you all and especially baby Trent! Remember that God brings showers of blessings from storms of adversity!

Leslie landeros said...

I am keeping you guys in my prayers definetly. God is a wonderful father and I pray for the comforter to be with all of you. I can't imagine what yall are going through. I was miraculously healed once and have felt my makers healing waters and I believe he will be there to wash over baby Trent. I pray for your strength. We love you guys.

Melissa Chapman said...

Holly, I heard about your story through Tina Williams. She went to church with my siter-in-law, Brandi. I know your pain... My son, Samuel was diagnosed with HLHS on September 13, 2002. He was born on January 16, 2003, and Praise the Lord he is still living here today as a testimony of the power of prayer! He is a normal, second grader. He loves to play with his cousins and hang out with his dad... awesome quality of life and only two meds a day.

If you have any questions, or would like to meet an 8 year-old, post-Fontan heart survivor... We are here in good, ol' Rock Hill. We will be praying for you. Maybe you can hunt me down on facebook to see Sam's pictures.

Heart Hugs,
Melissa Chapman