2 Corinthians 12:9

My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. 2 Corinthians 12:9

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Proud Mama

This proud mama is just too excited to sleep. Today will be a big day for Baby Trent. We are (fingers crossed) getting off the ventilator today. That means that Trent will be breathing 100% on his own...which is when the road to recovery begins. He will start learning to suck and eat again...which we hear is usually a long slow process for hypoplast babies. But at least we'll get some of those tubes out of him so that he can be more comfortable.
No more Foley catheter...no more lines coming from his belly button...no more pace maker cords. Once all those things are out of him he will not have to be on so many pain meds and won't be so heavily sedated all the time. It just broke my heart when they told me that he may have to go on Methadone because he's had so much narcotic medication that he could be quite frankly like a drug addict and could withdrawal when they take him off the meds. But I know it was best for him to not know or feel all that pain his body was going through.  My good friend called him Trooper Trent...and I believe that is fitting. He just accepts whatever those nurses and doctors do to him and keeps plugging right along. He may give them a fit while their doing it to him, but he takes it and runs with it. His nurse last night told us that we're going to have our hands full because he so spunky. He lets it be known when he doesn't like what they are doing to him. I told them he is just acting like his daddy.

We had a few special moments yesterday with some close friends...which was nice. Thank you all for visiting. We were brought a very special gift from our church family at RRBC. We cannot express how grateful we are for all your outpouring of love and blessings on us. We are speachless.

Again we give God all the glory for the wonderful progress Trent is making. It is easy to praise him now that Trent is doing so well...I hope we have the faith to praise him on those days (and we know that we'll have some) when he doesn't do so well.

Loving a special little heart...
Holly

Isaiah 40
The LORD is the everlasting God,
   the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He will not grow tired or weary,
   and his understanding no one can fathom.
29 He gives strength to the weary
   and increases the power of the weak.
30 Even youths grow tired and weary,
   and young men stumble and fall;
31 but those who hope in the LORD
   will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
   they will run and not grow weary,
   they will walk and not be faint. 




6 comments:

Gilstraps' said...

We are overjoyed with your great news of how well Trent is doing. It will be a long road but Trent has already shown the strength that God has given to him to fight. What a blessing! Hope to see you all soon! We'll be praying today as they remove Trent from the ventilator and that he will do well. Love You!
Scotty & Angela

Hayley said...

Wonderful news!!! I can't wait to hear how he does coming off his vent!

Chi-Chi said...

I am so glad that Trent is doing well. I can't wait to hold him in my arms. I just love him so much!!!

Aunt Chi-Chi

Unknown said...

I can't tell you how uplifting it is to read your most recent post. Then again, I am certain that the joy you felt by being able to write such a post surpasses anything most of us have ever felt. You and yours will continue to be in my prayers. Love, MAC

Unknown said...

Tell Trooper Trent that Wendy loves him and his family very much. I still wish I could give you hugs. I know your friends, family and church as filling in for me. But ALWAYS know how special you are. I'm drawn to your updates every evening and of course, my prayers are with you throughout the day!

WCatledge

carrie said...

Holly and Wayne, yet another little miracle. Minnie Cooke is praying also and says hello. I am truly overjoyed for you all and how well Trent is doing. I didn't expect anything less. Love you guys! Carrie