2 Corinthians 12:9

My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. 2 Corinthians 12:9

Sunday, September 11, 2011

More Smiles

Trent is looking and acting more and more like his old self. Yesterday was a day of many smiles. Big brother Braxton came up with a new bear he had made for his little bro.
And since it was Braxton's birthday, we were able to sneak away for a few hours to spend some much needed time with him. We think he enjoyed it almost as much as we did. He is such a sweet boy. We are very thankful for all the family who have been able to keep him while we're hear at Levine.

Yesterday we were told that Trent may be able to go home later today. However, due to a little bit of a tough night we are staying another night here. Trent did not sleep really well and he is having a little bit of a problem with vomitting. They felt better about keeping him another day to watch that and allow his primary cardiologist to take a look at him in the morning. Though we hoped to go home today, it is still good to be going home in only five days after surgery.

We are still amazed at what all this little body can go through and be where he is after just four days. God has heard and answered our prayers in the way we wanted. We are so very thankful for that. It would be very difficult to trust Him had the outcome been different. However, we hope our faith would have been strong enough to deal with a different outcome. Unworthy is the word that comes to mind when we think about how God has shown us his mercies through little Trent's life.

Once again...words cannot express how thankful we are for all the love, prayers, and support you all have shown. It is truly a humbling experience.

I love the Lord, because He has heard
my voice and my pleas for mercy.
Because He inclined His ear to me,
therefore I will call on Him as long as I live.
The snares of death encompassed me;
the pangs of sheol laid hold on me;
I suffered distress and anguish
Then I called on the name of the Lord:
Oh Lord, I pray, deliver my soul!
Gracious is the Lord, and righteous;
our God is merciful.
Psalm 116:1-5

With BIG love for our small heart -
Wayne and Holly

1 comment:

Virginia Lee McLean said...

Hello Williams family! I introduced myself to you a few weeks ago when we were both walking around the neighborhood, I'm Virginia McLean. Angela and I met the other day and she told me about your little Trooper Trent and the blog. My college roommate's son was also born with HLHS. They started an organization for families called PattyPacks (www.pattypacks.org). Anyway, I wanted to let you know I was praying for your family. If you need anything just hollar around the corner on Summer Sweet! :) Blessings to you all!