2 Corinthians 12:9

My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. 2 Corinthians 12:9

Friday, April 1, 2011

Thank You

Trent is doing really well today and did great yesterday also.  He is feeding, although it is still a slow process.  The doctors say this typically takes the longest.
It takes some babies 4-5 weeks to pick up on eating.  Not just eating, but eating enough to consistently gain weight.  There are several feeding, speech, and lactation nurses working with him to get him to where he needs to be.  Trent has only one IV in and it is just in case he needs some medication or the doctors need lab work. Otherwise he is line, tube and needle free. Praise God!

We have always been good at saying thank you, I think, when we need to.  This time, we are not sure how to.  We have been so well taken care of the last month or two by family, friends, doctors and nurses that we are truly humbled.  From the words of encouragement, support, prayers, gifts, etc..., all we can do is say thank you.  That does not feel anywhere near enough.  We thank God everyday for the support he has given us through everyone.  We are truly blessed.

We do ask for continued prayers through this.  It is so awesome to think about how successful all of "stage 1" has been, that we quickly forget that our son has two more surgeries to endure.  Your prayers and support have been needed and are felt each and everyday. In the words of a good friend of ours, "God's got him covered."

Thank you,
Wayne and Holly

Philippians 1:3-4
Every time I think of you, I give thanks to my God,
I always pray for you, and I will make my requests with a heart full of joy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wayne and Holly,
Not sure if you remember me, we were members at RRBC. My Daughter's name is Jessica Lamb. We just want you to know that we pray everyday for "Trooper Trent." I get chills everytime I read a new entry! GOD is so Amazing! Trent is such a precious little Angel and he is truly proof of GOD's Awesome work! We will continue to pray everyday for all of you! We love you! Kimberly & Lewis Inglefield and Jessica Lamb

Anonymous said...

Holly, Wayne, Braxton & Trent,
We have been keeping up with you through PawPaw Bob and are so glad to hear that things have gone well for little Trent. He's so precious in so many ways and I am glad you are strong in the Lord. He will be with you every step of the way, as you already know. Take care and God bless you all. Give Trent a kiss for us!
Love,

Kenny & Ellen