2 Corinthians 12:9

My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. 2 Corinthians 12:9

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

We've Come So Far So Fast

It's been a while since I've looked at the blog. And as I sit here looking and listening to the music...I am just balling my eyes out. God has been so good to us through this whole process. We give Him all the glory. It is
just amazing how far Trent has come and how fast everything has progressed. It's hard to believe he is six weeks old already...and that he's been home for three of those six weeks. He is an amazing little guy...such a good baby. The only time he cries is when he's hungry...and boy does he let you know when he is. He is still gaining weight good. At his cardiologist visit this past Monday they said his weight gain is perfect. They also mentioned that he would probably have his second surgery sooner than later. In other words, most babies have the second surgery around 5-6 months. Trent may go around 4-5 months. We appreciate you all continuing to pray for him and for us. We are not out of the water...and I don't know that Trent will ever really be due to the seriousness of his heart condition. But we look forward to the day that he will be as normal as a little guy like him can be. Well, this will be a short one...because I hear Trent letting me know he is hungry. We hope to get some new pics uploaded soon. Thank you all.

Love, Holly

2 comments:

Auntie Amy said...

WOW...this is awesome news!! Trent is such a wonderful precious little Prince. Our God is so good!! Auntie Amy loves you Baby Trent! :)

Virginia Nivens said...

Holly, I know you don't know me, but I am so very glad taht Trent is doing so well. Sheila lets me know how he is doing. My son doesn't have as serious of a condition as yours does, but he also has had heart surgery with another to come. Your whole family is in my thoughts and prayers and if you need anything on this long walk that you are taking, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Sincerely,

Virginia (Ginny) Nivens
Mother of a heart child also